I was so pleased to be longlisted for the Just A Girl competition and although disappointed not to get through, I was touched I was even included at all amongst some real talent. Thank you to everyone who voted and to The Girls Are for their support.
It is on a boat, is free entry and is going to be made of awesome. You should all totally come.
Also, I’m very excited to announce I will be playing Midwinter Picnic 3 in Brighton on 16th January. The line-up is phenomenal and I am very honoured to be playing.
Lots of exciting things have happened since I last wrote anything on here so here’s a little list:
- I forgot to tell you, I finally got to see Fucked Up. Many months have gone by now but they were as brilliant live as people said and I wasn’t disappointed. I saw Trash Talk at the same gig and they were just wonderful (although not so good when I saw them again at Offset). Their bassist is also one of the hottest men in rock music.
- The Scouting Book For Boys came out on DVD, you should all totally go out and buy it or order it on your Lovefilm list or whatever the kids are doing nowadays
- Hackney Family member Chud and I went to see Sage Francis supported by B Dolan at the Scala in London, it was without doubt the best gig I’ve been to. Ever (so far). The only downside was the crowd. The front was full of people just kind of getting it on a shallow level, getting in everyone’s way and generally being idiots. The people who got it on a proper intellectual level (as well as musically) were standing at the back rather than getting involved. The performances were simply mindblowing and I will never forget the encore with both of them on stage joined by Scroobius Pip.
- I did a thing and another thing.
- Dry the River played the Twisted Licks Pakistan fundraiser. It was a great day, I got very drunk with my friends and the band was awesome. It was lovely to see the boys again after our crazy funs in summer.
- I met one of my favourite people off the internets for the first time. She is amazing and it just goes to show, if you follow your instincts you’re usually right.
- Lexapalooza 2010 was lovely (no surprise there). I saw old friends and new. I also discovered the pure genius of Justice Force 5. This annual festival is in aid of Breast Cancer Campaign, if you haven’t donated to them already, you can contact them to make a donation.
- Some friends took me to the rollerderby. Hot girls, rollerskates, alcohol, cake, complex rules, watching people fall over… what’s not to love? My teams won both bouts, I should’ve placed some bets.
Some very exciting secret things are happening soon and I’m getting to see my heroes Scroobius Pip and Dan le Sac in November… more about all that later!
My two only pieces of sad news are:
I’m not going to Swn Festival this year, I will go to Wales soon for a visit but Swn clashes with the Just A Girl final. I was trying to go to both but it just became impossible.
In November, the Girls of the Penthouse are all moving on. I’m yet to find a new home but I’m pretty sure it is going to be amazing wherever it is. I can’t tell you how happy I am for Clare and Sandi who are both taking the plunge and moving in with their fellas. Love is awesome.Tags: 2010, midwinter picnic, She Makes War, The Girls Are
Welcome to two thousand and freakin’ ten!
It snowed, a lot.
I have spent the last few weeks writing some BRAND NEW MATERIAL which you will be able to hear samples of if you come to either my gig at Blang on 8th February or to…
…The Party Of The Decade on Friday 19th February, I’ll be playing alongside some of my favourite people, drinking and dancing till dawn.
Amazing New Zealand based artist, Jimmy Misanthrope has done a picture of me! It is in a similar style to his webcomic Agents of the Endtimes, which I follow avidly each week. Here is the picture on his deviant art page
I’ve caught a lot of cool stuff online too, mostly at Zombiehamster (especially the wonderful Mad Monster Party film) and over at Fuck Yeah Horror where there’s an ace Spotify playlist to accompany their top 10 list.
Off to Brighton this weekend for Midwinter Picnic 2 – can’t wait, it’s gonna be an awesome day filled with yummy cake, great music, and good times. I’m running the raffle!
Here’s to the Future.
xxTags: 12 Bar Club, Blang, Blind Baby Animal, Comics, midwinter picnic, The Party Of The Decade, zombiehamster